This site uses cookies. and this alert will appear once and then not again.

The German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS) confirmed in a recent June 2019 announcement that an A1 certificate is not required for every short business trip. The A1 certificate ─ also referred to as the 'certificate of applicable law' ─ confirms that in the case of temporary employment in another EEA State or Switzerland, only the corresponding German regulations apply instead of the social security regulations for that jurisdiction.