This site uses cookies. and this alert will appear once and then not again.

Should German employers apply for an A1 certificate for their employees on very short business trips within the European Union (EU) and to Switzerland? This question arises because from mid-2019, it will be mandatory to apply for these A1 certificates electronically via payroll accounting. However, notwithstanding the introduction of the electronic application procedure, there is no need to apply for the A1 certificate for every business trip to the EU or Switzerland.

Please see the attached Insight for further details.