Welcome to December’s edition of Keeping up with Tax Banking and Capital Markets, picking up on a range of current hot topics relevant to our industry. We have gathered input from a number of specialists across our Banking & Capital Markets tax team in putting this together and we hope you find it interesting and useful.
In this edition, we have seven articles covering the following areas:
- A discussion on some of the matters that are arising out of company Brexit reorganisations and the tax compliance implications to consider.
- An update on the OECD’s plan for reforming the international tax framework in response to the increasingly digitalised economy.
- An update on the EU’s proposal to introduce a “European Financial Transaction
- An overview of the 2019 Total Tax Contribution study for UK Finance, which gives insight into taxation within the UK banking sector.
- An overview of ATAD II implementation status and key areas to consider when performing an ATAD II impact assessment.
- An update on how the financial services VAT exemption extends to payments activity based on recent rulings by the ECJ.
- An update on the Corporate Criminal Offence for failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion two years on.
I hope you find the articles useful. Please get in touch with Anne-Marie Stomeo or your regular PwC contacts if there is anything that you would like to discuss further. Please also let us know if there are any topics that you would like us to cover in upcoming editions.