Welcome to our October edition of Keeping Up with Tax for Insurance, and what could be our last edition with the UK as a member of the European Union (although we have said that before!).
Whilst politics and Brexit continue to dominate the news agenda, there are also ongoing developments on the tax front which insurers will need to monitor. These include progress internationally, such as the ongoing OECD work on reforms to the international tax system, and domestically, including the new guidance on CCO and the upcoming budget. We have provided summaries on a number of these areas, that are of broad interest and relevance to insurance groups.
We’ve prepared the following articles this month, to bring you all up to date with ongoing developments:
- OECD and Digitalisation - What does this mean for Insurers
- Digital Services Tax - application to FS groups
- Environmental, Social and Governance – the growth of sustainable investing
- Capital loss restriction - Updated legislation
- Corporate Criminal Offence - 2 years on
We hope that you find this edition helpful and, as always, your usual PwC contact or one of our colleagues listed on the contacts page, will be more than happy to discuss the finer details of any topics that grab your attention.