We are pleased to present the December edition of Keeping Up with Tax for Insurance.
It’s been another quiet month in the UK of course…! We write this shortly after the general election results were released, handing a strong majority to the Conservative party. Whilst we’re still assessing the impact of these election results, it’s clear this will have significant implications from a policy perspective in the UK.
In the meantime, there's been plenty going on in the world of tax and insurance and we have, as usual, highlighted key developments. The included articles are as follows:
- Brexit - tax compliance implications
- US BEAT regulations now released
- ATAD II Anti-hybrid rules - a practical approach to compliance
- EU Financial Transactions Tax - The latest update
- Lloyd's Insurance market 2019 - how better insight can build a bridge to a profitable future.
Finally, I’d like to wish everyone happy holidays. I hope you all manage to enjoy a break and come back suitably refreshed for what’s likely to be another busy year on the tax front!